Sunday, August 2, 2015

Chapter 39

Over the next few days, the Pens realized that the HBO show 24/7 was going to document the Winter Classic. They were going over some details after practice one day and Sidney knew he needed to talk to Ray. When everyone was heading out, Sidney went up to talk to Ray.

"Mind if I come in?" Sidney asked as he knocked on the door frame to Ray's office.

"Not at all Sid. What's on your mind?"

"Um this whole thing with HBO, I would really like it if I could only be shot when we're at the arena or hotels, just team stuff."

"I think I understand what your asking. They are only going to shoot the guys that don't mind them going home with them for outside the game features. If you don't feel comfortable then we will tell them that on your behalf."

"Thanks. Its not that I wouldn't mind giving the fans a peak of my home life, I just don't want Karen on there."

"I understand it. You're a private guy Sid. People need to respect that especially how high prolific you are to the game. Anything else?"

"No, that'll do it. Thanks again."

"Anytime Sid." Sidney left his office and headed home to talk to Karen about everything as well.

Karen was sitting in the living room watching TV when Sidney came in and sat on the coffee table directly in front of her.

"Unless I missed the operation that turned you into glass, you're in the way studly."

Sidney grabbed the remote and turned off the TV "we need to talk about something" he said seriously.

"Ok, must be important from the tone."

"Baby, you heard that we're going to part of the 24/7 HBO series right?"

"Who hasn't? I think it's going to be great."

"Then hopefully you won't hate me for saying this...I don't want you to be on camera, at all."

"Sid, people know were married."

"I know but I told them I didn't want cameras at the house and they understood how private I am."

"And that makes you private of me."

"Karen, please don't read into this what it's not. I love you and love having you around, but I want to leave our house and our lives out of the show. Let it just focus on my hockey life."

"So then I'm not allowed to go to the arena with you for games, or anything that could arise that would be a 'family atmosphere' with the whole team like a Christmas party."

"You can still go and be with me..."

"Just step to the side if I see a camera crew" she said getting up and walking away with Sidney right behind her "you know, your privacy away from hockey I love but still wanting to hide me away when everyone knows we're married now is getting a little insulting."

"I'm not trying to insult you" he said trying to get close enough to hold on to her "I just want to keep my life away from the arena, my life with you, away from the cameras. Did you seriously want to be seen on HBO for the world to see you?"

"Why not, it could be my big break into acting" she said trying not to smile.

"They're going to be filming the whole team and I'd rather have it that way then them focusing just on me, the face of the NHL."

"But we could be the stars of our own reality show though...the hockey star and the sex fiend."

"Which would be which?" he said smiling.

"Well its obvious stud...I am so the hockey star" she said as they both laughed.

"See that would be the other problem, someone discovering you to take you away from me."

"No one could take me away from you...I'd lose all those millions sitting in the bank downtown."

"It's not all downtown baby."

"Ah, hiding your money from your own wife" she said shaking her head "not good."

"You know exactly where it all is. Some here at the bank, some at a bank back home, stocks, bonds, a savings account for my heir."

"Your heir? Did you get knighted to King or something?"

"You know what I mean baby. I started it after we first decided to adopt."

"And what if we decided to not have a baby?"

"Then its just another account for you to do with after I'm dead."

"Wow, who taught you to save?"

"Me. I just knew if I ever made money doing what I love I wouldn't spend it as fast as I earned it."

"Yeah cause 8.7 million a year is so easy to blow through."

"Hey I could buy a new car every month or a have a house in every country."

"You'd never go to any of them unless they each had a separate building that housed an ice rink."

"Hmm, now there's an idea."

"Oh dear lord what have I done" she said laughing.

"Speaking of which, with Christmas coming up any ideas of what you want?"

"I don't need anything."

"Baby don't start this."

"Well I don't but how about we make plans to remodel out back by the pool? Make it to where we have a place to cook out, lounge around."

"That might work. We'll have to look at some pictures to get some ideas."

"Maybe even remodel the pool house to make it more apartment-like in case we have guests that stay longer than a couple days."

"You've really thought about this."

"It's better then buying useless stuff that we don't need. This way we'll use it all year."

"Can I still get you something?"

"Like I can tell you no Crosby. You'll get me something anyway."

"But of course" he said kissing her "how about we go out for dinner tonight?"

"Sounds good but I don't want to splurge with my doctor's appointment tomorrow morning."

"Please baby, like anything you eat will show that quick. Besides, we could always work it off later."

"No, definitely not. We will not be having sex tonight."

"Oh come on."

"Sidney, there's no way we're having sex before I have a gynecological exam."

"But why do I have to suffer" he said to get Karen to laugh.

"Trust me stud, I will not let you suffer" she said kissing him then going to get ready to go to dinner.

After dinner, they came home and chilled watching a little bit of TV before going to bed. Karen decided to get a shower first, thinking Sidney would wait for her in bed, but he had another idea.

Karen was soaping up her body when she heard the shower door open. "Don't even think about it studly" she said.

"Come on baby. I can help you and get your back." Sidney grabbed the soap and began to wash her back. He was massaging as he went and Karen let a soft moan escape her lips. "See, just go with it" he said as he continued. His hands soon went from her shoulders towards her lower back until he reached her ass, rubbing over it.

"Ok, stop" she said turning around to face him. "I told you I have a doctor's appointment in the morning."

Sidney just smiled and let his hand travel down to her mound and taking no time sliding his fingers inside of her. "We can play doctor too you know."

Karen felt the sensations begin to arise within her and she closed her eyes letting them take over. Sidney took the advantage and turned them towards the wall, lifting her up. When she wrapped her legs around his waist, he couldn't contain his smile. He made a move and entered inside her with ease. Sidney got a rhythm going until the sounds of moans and groans made an echoing sound in the bathroom.

"Damn you" Karen said as she rested her head against the wall, waiting for her breathing to return to normal.

"Baby, you knew it was inevitable. You would have given into me eventually."

"Yeah, like tomorrow" she said as she made a move so Sidney would let her down, but he still didn't let go of her.

"So you get another shower in the morning."

"I'm going to have to and you will already be gone for practice when I do." Karen got out of his grip and finished up in the shower.

"Maybe I'll go in late" he whispered in her ear before getting out of the shower, only to make her laugh before she turned off the water and got out herself.

She wrapped a towel around her after drying off and walked into the bedroom. Sidney was crawling in bed and Karen shook her head because he was doing so naked. Karen walked over to her dresser for a tank top and panties when she heard a protest coming from the bed. She looked over at Sidney who just shook his head no and Karen sighed, closing the drawer. She walked over to her side of the bed, dropping the towel and crawling into bed. Sidney soon spooned up behind her and they fell asleep.

The next morning, the alarm rang and Sidney reached out to turn it off. Both he and Karen stirred and she went to get out of bed but was pulled back in. Before she had a chance to protest, Sidney had rolled on top of Karen and parted her legs, laying in between them. Karen felt Sidney slide inside of her and couldn't believe he was doing this to her again. Sidney started out slow and would get a little faster, only to slow down again to obviously torture her. Karen would put her head back into the pillows as her chest would stick out for Sidney to take advantage of. He brought his mouth down and captured one of her nipples in his mouth, sucking hard over it. He paid equal attention to the other one, hearing the soft moans Karen was making as she enjoyed their morning escapade. Karen decided she had enough and made a move to get Sidney on his back. She got situated over him and slid back down on him. Karen got her own rhythm going and had her own form a torture. Sidney brought his hands up and squeezed over her breasts until he moved them to her hips, digging his fingers into her skin as he held her tightly over his cock as she rode him. The limited sensations were too much for them as Karen felt her orgasm rocket through her body. The tightness soon brought Sidney over the edge as he shot off inside her, releasing all he had. Karen laid down on his chest, as their lips attached to one another.

"I can't believe you did this to me again."

"By the position we're in baby I'd say you really didn't protest that hard."

Karen sat up and smiled at him "true, I didn't" she said as she got off him "but it's not like I could have pushed you off of me as your ass does outweigh me by 100 pounds" she said as she walked into the bathroom for another shower but this time locking the door behind her. Sidney just laughed and got out of bed, going to the bathroom down the hall. By the time he came back, Karen was already done and getting dressed. He walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind.

"Mad at me?"

"No" Karen said smiling "I would have given into you no matter what, you know that."

"Good" he said turning her around and planting a very passionate kiss upon her lips. After they broke apart, they each got dressed and went downstairs for breakfast before going their separate ways.

Karen was sitting at her doctor's office for her annual checkup. She waited until she was called back and went to the exam room. Karen got undressed and put on the paper gown waiting for her doctor.

"Karen, so nice to see you."

"Thanks, you too."

"So are there any problems or is this just a regular checkup?"

"Just a regular checkup."

"Ok, let's get started." The doctor had her lay down and she proceeded to poke and prod her. She did all the routine tests and told Karen she could sit up and get dressed. The doctor left and Karen got dressed, going to meet her in her office. "Well, from what I could tell you are still very healthy and everything looks great. I will confirm all that when the tests come back but I have no reason to believe they won't."

"Well that sounds great."

"So, anything new since the last time I saw you?"

"Well Sidney and I are now officially married and have moved into a new house."

"You got rid of your parent's house?"

"No, I rented it to the coach of the Penguins for the season. I guess Sid wanted a bigger house for us that was ours and not necessarily mine."

"That's a good thing, isn't it?"

"Yeah I guess it is. Um, Sid and I have been talking about adoption too."

"You want to have a baby?"

"Yeah. From when I was pregnant before, I guess the feelings of motherhood never left."

"You do know there's a way for you to have your own baby."

"I don't have a uterus, how can I have my own baby?"

"You still have your ovaries Karen. When you had the hysterectomy, they only removed your uterus. Since you are still healthy and the ovaries can still produce eggs, they just don't have anywhere to go."

"So you're saying....what exactly are you saying?"

"Karen, we can test you to see if the eggs are healthy and fertilize them with Sidney's sperm implanting them into a surrogate."

"We can have our own baby?" she said as the tears formed in her eyes.

"Look, here are some pamphlets and a few websites to go to. You and Sid can read up on it and see if you want to go that way. If we test you and your eggs are strong, all you would need to do is find someone we can implant them into."

"Why do I think that's the hardest part of all this?"

"Because it is. You and Sidney would have to find someone you really trust to carry your baby for 9 months and be willing to have their life turned upside down for you." She could see the worried look on her face "It’s a possibility for this to happen Karen. When you talk to Sid about all this, give me a call and I will give you the number of a fertility doctor that I whole-heartedly trust for you guys to talk to and test you."

"Thank you so much, really. I didn't know this could be an option. I figured after I had the hysterectomy I couldn't produce any more eggs since my periods stopped."

"All your period is, is the lining of your uterus shedding to make way for a new lining. After your hysterectomy, it never kicked you into early menopause."

"This seems so complicated."

"In a way, it is. If you want, we can get you scheduled for a test first then after you get the results you and Sidney can talk about it and make your decision."

Karen sat there for a minute "I don't see the harm in that. Besides, I really don't want to get Sidney's hopes up and then not be able to have our own."

"How about I make a quick call and see if they can fit you in now?"

"If that's possible, yeah." Karen sat back and watched as she dialed the number and talk to the other doctor. She looked up and smiled at Karen, nodding her head telling her it was a go. She gave Karen the doctor's name and told her where to go. They said goodbye and Karen left the office, calling Sidney telling him she'd be home after a while.

Karen got to the hospital and found the elevator to go see the fertility doctor. She got to her office and walked in.

"Hi, can I help you?" the receptionist asked her.

"Yes, I'm Karen Crosby. Dr. Newman made an appointment for me.

"Here it is, Dr. Johnson will be with you in a minute. Please have a seat and fill out this form for me."

"Ok." Karen took the clipboard and sat down. She filled out the form and attached her insurance card, walking it back up to the window before going back to sit down.

"Mrs. Crosby?" a nurse came out.

"Yes" Karen said standing up.

"The doctor will see you now. Follow me?" Karen followed her through the corridor and into an office. She sat down and waited on the doctor.

"Hi Karen. I'm Dr. Marlena Johnson, how are you?"

"I'm good. Dr. Newman said you might be able to help me."

"Yes, Beth and I go back to medical school and we often refer patients to each other. She briefly told me you might be interested in seeing if you're a candidate for egg removal for surrogacy."

"I had a hysterectomy about 12/13 years ago but they only removed my uterus. Dr. Newman said that it never kicked me into menopause and that my ovaries might still be producing eggs. Is that true?"

"Depending on a woman's age and lifestyle, it is still possible. Beth faxed over your chart and you are healthy and very fit for your age of 38. How about we go into the exam room and let me do a few tests and we can see what's going on."

The nurse came back in and took Karen to the exam room. "Wow, looks like an actual operating room in here."

"One perk for having an office in a hospital. This way, we can do minor procedures in here and if there are complications, it's a short trip downstairs. If you would step into the changing room and put on the gown, the doctor will come get you when she's ready."

Karen did what she was told and got undressed again. A few minutes later, Dr. Johnson came back and led Karen into the exam room, instructing her to lie down on the table. She told Karen to relax and she would feel a few pricks. Karen closed her eyes with each pinch and took deep breaths until the doctor was done. When she was, she told Karen she could get up and dressed, meeting her back in the office when she was done.

"Do you have any questions for me?"

"When will you have the test results?"

"In about two days. We really don't like to rush this procedure for something might go wrong and hinder all chances. I will give you a call when I get them and then you and your husband can come back in to talk about all the options if it's a go."

"Thank you for having time to see me on such short notice. If we can get this known now, then if it's not possible we can go ahead with the adoption idea."

"Well think positive thoughts and if you have any questions pop up until I call you, please don't hesitate to give me a call."

"I will. Thanks again." Karen smiled and left her office to head home.

No comments:

Post a Comment