Thursday, March 31, 2011

Chapter 13

Karen got up and got ready before heading downstairs. As she came out of the bedroom, she spotted Trina at the top of the steps heading down herself.

"I guess you can never take the child out of them" she told her mother-in-law.

"You said a mouthful child, Troy heard Taylor and ran out as fast as he could" she said getting them to laugh. "Little surprised you aren't already down there."

"Someone has to be the adult in this relationship" she said as they reach the doorway to the living room and saw what was unfolding in front of them. They both looked at each other and shook their heads before joining everyone. Paper was flying around and laughs were heard throughout the house as everyone opened their gifts.

"Here Karen, this is for you" Taylor said handing her a box.

"I told Sid for you guys not to get me anything. Having all of you here was enough for me."

"Well everyone listened but me. I saw this and thought of you, so it's only from me."

"You are just like your brother."

Taylor looked at Sidney and smiled "is that a bad thing?"

"Hey now, thought you wanted to be like me Tay?"

"Only in the game of hockey bro" she said getting Karen to laugh.

"Find that funny baby?"

"Yes considering she plays goalie like your dad did." Sidney just rolled his eyes as Karen smiled and gave him a kiss before opening her gift. "Taylor, this is beautiful" Karen said pulling out a cardigan sweater in a pretty lilac color.

"It's suppose to be oversized a little so don't worry if it fits big."

Karen stood and tried it on. It was a little big in size only but the sleeves fit perfectly "no I love it. It's so comfy and roomie, thanks" she said hugging her.

"Mind if I make some breakfast Karen?" Trina asked over everyone.

"No go ahead, want some help?"

"Sit and relax, mom and I can handle it. You'll have enough to do later today."

"Sid, can I go down to the basement and play around?"

"Yeah go ahead."

"Dad, will you shoot pucks on me?"

"Love to" he said getting up and following her towards the basement.

"Did they all plan that?" Karen asked Sidney as they were the only ones left in the living room.

"They must have" he said leaning in to kiss her. "Thank you for inviting my family down for today."

"Well they're technically my family too so it was a no brainer."

Sidney put his hand to her face and lightly caressed her cheek "I don't think I could see my life without you. I have this need to see and talk to you everyday."

"Is either one of us going somewhere?"

"Not now but in a couple months I'll be heading to Vancouver for a few weeks."

"But we will only be apart for the first week and a half."

"One day away from you is tough enough, 10 days and I'm about to rip everyone's head off until I see you."

"You do know I don't mind you relieving all that sexual tension when we 're not together."

"My hand is not you baby."

"I am so glad your mom and grandmothers are not around to hear that" she said giggling "but I know what you mean."

"Thank you for being part of my life Karen."

"Thank you for bringing love back into mine." Sidney leaned in and met his lips with hers until a cleared throat broke them apart.

"Breakfast is ready if you two want any" Trina said then turned back into the kitchen smiling at them.

"Food isn't what I want but since all my family is here, it will have to do" Sidney said getting up and bringing Karen with him.

"Am I gonna have to throw you into the snow?"

"No, just be ready for tonight" he whispered as they walked into the kitchen to eat with everyone.

After breakfast, Karen began getting things ready so dinner time wouldn't be so hectic and most everything would cook around the same time. It was also nice that she could just sit around with Sidney and his family enjoying the atmosphere.

A few hours later, Karen, Trina and Sidney's grandmothers were in the kitchen getting dinner finished. Since Karen could eat turkey every day of the year, she obliged Trina with a ham but she got a couple turkey thighs and breasts for her and in case anyone else wanted some.

They were getting the final touches on dinner and got everyone to the table to eat. After Troy said Grace, Karen cleared her throat to get everyone's attention.

"I just wanted to say how thankful I am that you all came down to celebrate Christmas with Sid and I. I know we all didn't have the best beginning, but I am very grateful that you all accepted me and allowed me to be apart of your family."

Trina gave Troy a look and knew he needed to say something as well. "Actually Karen, I don't think any of us would have wanted it any other way. Yes, the beginning wasn't the best but seeing how happy you've made Sid, we're all glad that we've gotten past it and can be one big happy family."

"Thank you Troy, that really means a lot coming from you" she said as he lifted his glass to her. They all clinked glasses then began eating, but not until Karen closed her eyes and smiled when she felt Sidney's lips on her temple.

After dinner, Karen insisted that everyone go sit and relax and let her clean up. She was in the kitchen doing dishes when Sidney brought in the last of them and put them beside the sink. Karen smiled when she felt his arms wrap around her waist and his lips kiss her neck "Um, why don't you save this for later and help me finish the dishes?"

"Why can't I do this while you finish the dishes?"

"Because I can't concentrate on finishing the dishes while you're doing this."

"Then I must be doing a good job."

Karen put the dish she finished rinsing in the drainer and turned around in his arms "why do you do this when your family's in the next room?"

"I guess it's some low-lying fantasy about having someone walk in to catch us."

"Um, please tell me you do realize it's your family you're talking about and know that's really creepy?"

"To me, they're faceless people" he said getting Karen to laugh "oh alright, I'll wait."

"Good" she said bringing her wet hands up and rubbing them over Sidney's face.

"I will so enjoy getting you back for that."

"I count down the hours until you do studly." Sidney's smiled faded as he leaned in and kissed her slowly, but full of passion. He ended the kiss and left her standing there. Karen just bit her bottom lip and smiled to herself before finishing up the rest of the dishes.

Later that night, everyone was sitting in the living room talking and watching tv until one by one, they went to bed leaving Sidney and Karen alone again.

"I'm so glad I get you for the weekend" Karen said cuddling up to Sidney.

"Well not the whole weekend, we have practice tomorrow morning and then a game Sunday night."

"I know but you're here and not leaving for a road game and I don't have to work. We can be us this weekend."

"Makes it great doesn't it."

"Are we implying something Crosby?"

"Where would you get an idea like that?"

"Sid..."

"Baby, tell me you are truly happy with your job?" he said getting her to look at him "I've seen the way you've been when you come home and when you get up in the morning it's like you're dreading it. What's going on?"

"I hate being treated unfairly and the favortism just makes it exhausting trying to prove yourself."

"Then don't put up with it anymore."

"I know I shouldn't but I love being around my friends, eventhough only a few are asses and ruin it for all."

"You really hate them that much huh?"

"Let's just say I want to be really nice and invite them to a game..."

"That's nice of you."

"Only if I can tie them to the goal posts and you shoot pucks at them."

"That might not be a good idea baby."

"Fine, I'll get Max or Staalsy to help. They'll do anything for me you know."

"We could always get Cookie to beat the shit out of them?"

"See, I knew you loved me" she smiled as she turned around to face him "I love you and if it gets any worse, I will seriously think about quitting ok?"

"I just want you to be happy Karen."

"I am Sid, more than you know" she said leaning in to kiss him "join me upstairs?"

"Love to. Let me lock up and I will meet you up there." Karen kissed him again and headed up as Sidney went around to make sure everything was shut and locked.

A few minutes later, Sidney headed upstairs and went to the bedroom. He opened the door and saw Karen lying on the bed in her bra and panties. "You know, to maybe sweeten the deal, you could wait for me like this everytime I come home."

"Wouldn't that only sweeten the deal for you? What would I get out of it?" Sidney cocked his eyebrow and undressed until he was only in his boxers. He crawled up on the bed and laid infront of Karen "hot, steamy sex that would blow your mind everyday of your life."

Karen brought her hand up and rubbed it over his chest "we have that anyway, what would be the difference?"

"You'd have more energy since you wouldn't have spent 8 hours standing on your feet all day."

"But then I'd be sitting or lying around all day."

"For the sake of not having an argument, it would benefit both of us."

"You give in too easily Crosby."

"I don't like putting off what I came here to do."

Karen moved her hand from his chest to his stomach then down over his crotch "then by all means, let me get you going in the right direction."

Sidney closed his eyes loving the feeling of her hand rubbing over him. He had enough and removed her hand, turning her over on to her back. He got off her bra and panties then moved to get his boxers off before lying down on top of her. "I've been going for awhile now, remember in the kitchen."

Karen spread her legs open wide and gave Sidney full access "damn stud, you've been able to hold out that long with your parents, grandmothers, and sister in the house."

"Right now" he said as he entered inside her slowly "there's no one here but us." Karen just raised her eyebrows and brought his lips down to meet hers. She wrapped her legs around his thighs and tightened her grip with every thrust Sidney made into her. Their kiss continued to stiffle any moans that wanted to escape, but when Karen orgasm ripped through her body, she had to break the kiss and quietly express her sensations. Sidney gave a couple more hard thrusts and filled her up, sending a low growl into her neck. He looked up after a minute and met her lips for another searing kiss. After a few more minutes of passionate kisses, Sidney rolled off Karen before bringing her back into his body and cuddled up as they fell into a peaceful sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment